Thursday, October 16, 2008

Governor Vetoes SB 1691 (Mechanic's Lien Law)

Governor Schwarzenegger has vetoed SB 1691, a bill that would have made significant changes to California Mechanic's Lien law and the rules governing construction claim remedies for both private works and public works projects.

The Governor's veto message, which was sent with many of the bills he vetoed at the end of this year's session:
"I am returning Senate Bill 1691 without my signature. The historic delay in passing the 2008-2009 State Budget has forced me to prioritize the bills sent to my desk at the end of the year's legislative session. Given the delay, I am only signing bills that are the highest priority for California. This bill does not meet that standard and I cannot sign it at this time."

No comments: